Economists create consumer surplus
Duffka is married with two boys. He loves economics and believes in the Six Core Economic Principles of:
1. People Choose
2. All Choices Involve Costs
3. People Respond to Incentives in Predictable Ways
4. Economic Systems Influence Individual Choices and Incentives
5. Voluntary Trade Creates Wealth
6. The Consequences of Choices Lie in the Future
Common comments heard at Duffka's house:
"Dad I could not go to Club K today because I choose to play with Matt. The opportunity cost of playing with Matt was Club K."
"How much did the endorphins cost today, dear?"
"Dad if I buy this now I won't have any money later if I need it."